Online Stores, Inc. would like to recognize the Valley Forge Flag Company, our June 2009 Featured Supplier.
The Valley Forge Flag Company was founded in 1882, and it remains a family-owned business to this day. Steeped in history, the company began as a burlap sac business, and soon after became a World War I surplus goods provider, featuring none other than their now famous American flags. With increasing demand, the company opened a small sewing factory in Spring City, PA in 1932. The opening of this factory marked the official beginning of Valley Forge Flag brand.
Valley Forge Flag’s mission is to manufacture 100% American-made U.S. flags. As a founding member of the Flag Manufacturers Association of America, Valley Forge educates the public and flag retailers about the significance of manufacturing American flags in the U.S. The association also helps enforce the labeling requirements for imported products. Any flag marked with the FMAA seal is guaranteed to be made in the U.S. with only American-made materials.
Valley Forge flags are perhaps among some of the most popular flags in the world. They have been seen in many conspicuous locations, including:
- Japan -The flag raised on Feb. 23, 1945 at Iwo Jima during World War II was manufactured by Valley Forge
- Germany – The first flag raised after the liberation of 20,000 prisoners from the Buchenwald concentration camp during World War II was manufactured by Valley Forge
- France – A Valley Forge brand flag was flown in France on D-Day – June 6, 1944
- The Moon – The very first flag placed on the moon by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin was manufactured by Valley Forge
- Hollywood – Valley Forge flags were featured in “Saving Private Ryan” and “Band of Brothers”
The United States Flag Store, part of the Online Stores, Inc. family is the largest and most complete vendor of Valley Forge flags, flagpoles and accessories, and we keepe a wide range of Valley Forge products in stock regularly.
On behalf of the entire Online Stores, Inc. family, we are proud to have the opportunity to work alongside such a fine organization as the Valley Forge Flag Company. We look forward to working with the Valley Forge Flag Company for many more years to come!
To learn more about the Valley Forge Flag Company, check out a short video here